Scrivener is a writing tool that brings together your notes and research.
- Allows composing text in small chunks that can be reordered later
- Outlining tools for planning and restructuring
- Create collections of documents in the project based on metadata and completion
- A corkboard to see and move around sections of your writing, or to look at your research.
Workflowy is a list that contains infinite lists.
- Organizes information as a fractal document
- Each bullet point can be a document of its own that has bullet points inside it ad infinitum
- Navigate between bullet points and focus on one small part at a time.
Are.na: Puts all your ideas in context.
- Blocks are used to collect pieces of information
- Channels are used to organize and contextualize them
- Channels can be shared with multiple members
TiddlyWiki: A non-linear personal web notebook.
- Index cards that are linked to each other using
[]this creates a relationship
- Tags can be added to index cards and offer easy navigation to other cards with the same tag
- Transclusion lets you copy an index card’s content into another’s
- Lists can be created with queries
Roam Research: A note taking tool for networked thought.
- Documents can be created on the fly by
[]linking to them.
- Documents have an indented list structure
- Tagging and linking creates relationships, the documents are classified by being linked to other documents.
- Templates for todos, date pickers and other things
- Daily notes that are created automatically.
- Graph overview of all the documents and their relationships