Zuari on WordPress.org
I wanted to make a theme that supported the new Gutenberg block styles, and gave a lot of customization options to the users. I have been working on it on and off since November last year. The idea was to give it an hour everyday, but travel and life did not let me be as consistent as I’d like. By March I realized that it might be better to work on a subset of features and do a version one release first. Now that this is done, I am excited about making improvements.
- Use ITCSS to better architect the CSS. It’ll also help in getting the editor styles out.
- Add microformats support for the IndieWeb.
- Plugin support for the IndieWeb plugins.
- Improve animations.
- Bug fixes.
- More customization options.
- Accessibility improvements.
Hopefully by the end of the year I can actually recommend the theme to people who want to join the IndieWeb 🤞🏽 If you give it a spin and run into problems do raise an issue and I’ll try to help. Pull requests are welcome too!